Friday, September 11, 2009

Frisbee Golf in Nicaragua

I'm trying to get back to blogging, twitting and making updates on Facebook. So many things to do on the internet alone. I just finished updating www.dancesar.com with photos of the latest photos of the frisbee tournament.

Vince operates a frisbee golf course in Marsella Valley, and as far as I know, the only frisbee golf course in Nicaragua. He organized a tournament last Sunday and Dan and I entered. I've never played frisbee golf before, and boy did I have fun.

Here are photos:
This is me playing my first frisbee golf game and a tournament, at that! I thought I did pretty well. There were 12 baskets, each was par 3. I ended up with 42 my first round, and 45 my second.

Dan was learning how to throw properly while holding a camera.

There were trees everywhere! That was part of the challenge. Eunice got her frisbee stuck in the tree. Using the stick to get it out cost her 1 penalty point.

After the tournament there was a competition of who can throw the frisbee longest distance. I believe Roy edged out Edward for the title.

These are all the winners. First, second and third for men and women. (Notice that I am not among the group. Oh well, better luck next time.) The men's winner was Pedro the butcher. The women's winner was Karen (she's not in the picture. She went home to change. She lives next door.)
Afterwards we enjoyed a picnic and great food and music, courtesy of DJ Sergio.

Lots more photos are posted on DanCesar.com

No comments: